ROSACEA: 6 TRIGGERS AND TREATMENTS. Serious Medical Condition or Unfortunate Nuisance?
Have you experienced rosy cheeks that look as though you’re constantly blushing? If so rosacea may be the culprit. Is it a serious medical problem or an unfortunate nuisance?
Rosacea is a common skin condition that affects over 16 million Americans. It is known primarily for redness of the nose, forehead and cheeks. It may also sometimes cause swelling, dilated blood vessels and skin pustules. Although there is no known cure, there are treatments for the variety of symptoms.
Rosacea can affect both men and women (although it is three times more common in females) and all age groups. Those with fair skin (European and Caucasian) are most likely to be affected by it.
4 Subtypes of Rosacea:
- Subtype 1: Facial Redness (Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea)
- Subtype 2: Bumps and Pimples (Papulopustular Rosacea)
- Subtype 3: Enlargement of the Nose (Phymatous Rosacea)
- Subtype 4: Eye Irritation (Ocular Rosacea)
The first 3 are directly related to the skin and the 4th one causes issues around the eyelids.
The exact cause of Rosacea isn’t known but there are triggers that can cause it to worsen. And while some people only have mild redness, others have more severe symptoms.
3 THINGS TO AVOID if you have Rosacea
- Spicy foods heat up the body and cause irritation
- Extreme weather changes (going from a cold room to hot air outside and vice versa) are not good for any skin and are especially harsh for Rosacea sufferers
- Alcohol makes the skin flush and may be a bad combination with a skin condition
For Treatment Options, any one or a Combination of the following 3 Tips may help Reduce or Eliminate Symptoms of Rosacea…
- Antibiotics taken orally or rubbed directly into the skin may help with lesions and inflammation.
- Laser therapy works by penetrating the skin to target the capillary walls. The body then absorbs them thus reducing the appearance of redness.
- Keep your skin clean but free of harsh soaps and moisturizers. Use products that are fragrance and alcohol free. Also look for gentle cleansers that are sulfa based or infused with benzoyl peroxide.
Many skin ailments like rosacea are connected to emotions or lack of self-acceptance and anger so adding meditation and vigorous exercise to your beauty regimen can greatly accelerate the healing of the skin.
We promise to continue our research on Rosacea causes and treatments and bring you any new information we learn.
Are your HANDS giving away your AGE?! 3 Problems + Solutions!
11 Apr 2017
EAT THIS to Get Rid of Cellulite
28 Jan 2016
Are LIQUID FACELIFTS for Real?
28 Jan 2016