DIY Tricks to Treat your DRY CRACKED SKIN!
What Causes Dry Skin?
1. Lack of water content in body
Obviously, this is the topmost reason why this problem really occurs. When your body is not supplied with the sufficient amount of water, one of the most obvious effects will be dehydration of the skin. Meaning, it gets dried up. You should drink at least 8 glasses of water per day (2 Liters) to keep your skin and body well hydrated.
Normally, your skin is driest during the winter due to the drop in the temperature and also humidity. It is also proven that many existing skin conditions worsen in winter. So definitely, weather is another major factor that causes dryness.
3. Exposure to sun
This is one of the common causes. Your skin will surely dry up when is exposed to the sun for a long time. And the damage from the Ultraviolet (UV) radiation can cause not only dryness, but also adds wrinkles, sunburn and sagging. Repeated exposures may also lead to development of skin cancers.
4. Hot baths and shower
Many people mistaken hot baths as one of the ways to treat dry skin. But the truth is a prolonged exposure to especially hot water holds a high risk of washing of the natural oil of the skin that is essential for the protection of the same. And if you sense any tightness after a hot bath, that’s a symptom of dry skin already.
5. Soaps and detergents
They tend to steal away all the natural oil and water from your skin leaving your skin dry. Not only that, using too much of shampoo on your scalp also leaves your scalp dry, which then leads to one of the worst kind of dilemmas, dandruffs. Remember that only the hands, feet, groin, underarms and the neck will need some work of soap on them. The rest of the body parts would do with just rinsing off.
6. Medical conditions.
This is also one of the major causes. Few common illness and diseases like hyperthyroidism, psoriasis, diabetes or dermatitis can lead to this problem too. There are also few other medical conditions, be it minor or critical that triggers it. This however should be consulted with a doctor for reconfirmation. You can also get some good medications from the doctor that helps in treating very dry skin.
How can I help treat Dry Skin NATURALLY?
Try out our remedies to get soft and moist skin within weeks.
- Definitely plenty of water. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. It should be more than enough to keep you skin well hydrated.
- Choose the right soaps. Always go for soaps that are mild and fragrance-free. And avoid using soaps that contain deodorant and antibacterial agents.
- More cool showers, meaning less hot showers. Avoid taking long hot baths and showers. Instead, bathe with lukewarm or cool water.
- Wear vinyl gloves while you wash dishes. They help avoid contact with detergents that not only brings dryness, but also typical roughness and wrinkles.
- Sunscreen usage. It is very important to use sunscreen each time you go out on a sunny day. They keep the burns and dryness away.
- Always use lotions and creams for your body. If your problem is not related to medical conditions, then by this, definitely it will come to an end. Lotions and cream are essential to keep your skin hydrated and at moist.
- Cornstarch bath. Yes, throw a handful of cornstarch into the bath tub and mix them with lukewarm water. It helps a lot in locking the existing moisture.
- Oatmeals. They are the perfect remedy for any type of skin problems, especially dry skin of course. All you got to do is just add a cup of oatmeals into your bathwater and soak in for at least 15 minutes.
- Honey. You can use honey as a body mask. Rub some honey all over your body. Then rinse of with lukewarm water after 15-20 minutes.
- Petroleum jelly. And trust me, it works. You may apply it anywhere you think is dry. It is safe to use, and has made many beauty wanders to the lips, hands and feet.
- The banana face mask. Mash two bananas and apply it ( works pretty well on the face). Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol. They cause a lot of problems to your body. Same is the case over here.
- Exercising is also necessary to have a beautiful, moist skin. By exercising, you unblock the pores which then helps in the releasing and absorption of the natural oils.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. They have always been a great help to the skin, and maintaining a healthy body.
- Sufficient sleep. Your body needs at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. Lack of sleep may lead to the dehydration of the body, which leaves a dry skin problem.
Are your HANDS giving away your AGE?! 3 Problems + Solutions!
11 Apr 2017
EAT THIS to Get Rid of Cellulite
28 Jan 2016
Are LIQUID FACELIFTS for Real?
28 Jan 2016