It’s a fact that as we age, our skin loses moisture and elasticity. This combined with the many things that can be drying to the skin such as sun exposure, spray tanning, shaving, medications, etc. – some of us walk around looking like we have alligator skin!
If spending $2,300 for a 1.7 fl. ounce jar of Gold Elements Mega Mask – yes, I said $2,300! – isn’t in your budget – here are some things you can do very inexpensively to help rejuvenate that alligator skin back to a more youthful look and feel.
10 SIMPLE STEPS TO SOFTER SKIN
1. Shower every other day as showering too often can dry out your skin
2. Keep your bathing time between five to 10 minutes max
3. Avoid HOT showers, warm is best
4. Use a moisturizing soap, such as Dove Beauty Bar Soap from any grocery store.
5. When shaving your legs make sure to use a fresh razor because a dull razor can tear, rub and dry out your skin
6. Be gentle with your skin and avoid scrubbing too hard, especially at dry patches
7. Pat your skin dry with a soft towel and air dry when possible rather than rub
8. Use a moisturizing product like Neutrogena Light Sesame Body Oil, (from any grocery store) while your skin is still damp which will lock in moisture
9. Drink plenty of water (8 glasses/4 bottles) daily
10. Get plenty of vital skin nutrients through healthy sources of Vitamin E, Vitamin A and Omega-3 Fatty Acids by adding things to your diet such as salmon, almonds, olive oil and carrots
REJUVENITE THE SKIN:
10 INEXPENSIVE PRODUCTS
Olive Oil has antioxidants and fatty acids that are very good for your skin. A gentle and moisturizing body scrub is to mix brown sugar, honey and olive oil.
Milk Cream has lactic acid which can help preserve PH Levels and is an excellent moisturizer. Mix the cream with a couple of drops of lemon juice and a small amount of milk. Rub the mixture on your hands and legs, let dry, shower off.
Honey is one of nature’s best moisturizers and is packed full of antioxidants and vitamins. It also has antimicrobial and humectant properties, so it will help your skin lock in moisture. This is messy but effective. Rub honey all over your skin and leave on for ten minutes before showering.
Yogurt contains lactic acid, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help sooth itchy or dry skin. To use, apply the yogurt to your hands, arms, face and legs and gently massage. Leave on for ten minutes, shower off.
Coconut oil contains fatty acids that are good for the skin. Apply warm coconut oil all over your body before sleep and then shower it off in the morning.
Avocado is loaded with fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants that help improve the skin. The high vitamin A content helps skin to repair and restore itself. Mash avocado pulp into a paste, add in some honey and rub over dry skin and let it set for up to fifteen minutes before showering.
Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidants and a high protein content which leaves a barrier of protection on the skin. Mix oatmeal with lavender or any essential oil. Add to bath water and soak for up to thirty minutes. You can also make a nourishing facial mask by mixing one mashed banana with oatmeal and lukewarm milk. Apply mixture to skin and leave for up to fifteen minutes. Rinse with cool water.
Almond oil is a great source of Vitamin E, which is widely considered an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. Warm some almond oil and massage into the body an hour prior to showering.
Milk has anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe the skin. To use, soak a wash cloth in cold milk and apply to dry skin for up to seven minutes. Wash off with warm water. You can also add a few drops of rose oil or any essential oil for even more moisturizing benefits.
Aloe Vera combats dry skin with soothing, antiseptic and antifungal properties. Cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf and apply directly to the skin. Let it sit on the skin for up to fifteen minutes before showering.
AND DON’T FORGET TO STAY MOISTURIZED…
Most importantly, after showering always apply moisturizer to lock in hydration. It’s also a good idea to re-apply moisturizer at bedtime.
Although we can’t completely turn back the clock or fully erase the damage caused by the sun, these simple and inexpensive products and remedies can help us look and feel younger, softer and more beautiful!
Are your HANDS giving away your AGE?! 3 Problems + Solutions!
11 Apr 2017
EAT THIS to Get Rid of Cellulite
28 Jan 2016
Are LIQUID FACELIFTS for Real?
28 Jan 2016