Turmeric is a spice that comes from the turmeric plant and is commonly used in Asian food. It’s the main spice in curry. It has a warm, bitter taste and is frequently used to flavor or color curry powders, mustards, butters, and cheeses. But the root of turmeric is also used widely to make medicine. It contains a yellow-colored chemical called curcumin, which is often used to color foods and cosmetics. In food and manufacturing, the essential oil of turmeric is used in perfumes. Curcumin and other chemicals in turmeric are known to help decrease swelling and inflammation in the body.
With its many benefits, tumeric can aid in improving our skin. Actress Thandie Newton recently called turmeric her “secret beauty weapon.” Indian brides have long used turmeric as a head-to-toe body scrub and face mask to brighten skin before their weddings.
Other Turmeric Beauty Benefits include:
- Turmeric is high in antioxidants that slow down cell damage.
- It’s widely used as a skin exfoliant and improves skin’s texture.
- It helps with inflammatory skin conditions, such as acne, dry skin, psoriasis and eczema.
- It helps reduce pigmentation and even-out the skin tone.
- It is also said to diminish wrinkles.
MAKE YOUR OWN SIMPLE TUMERIC FACIAL MASK
TUMERIC FACIAL MASK RECIPE
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- (regular flour, rice flour or ground oats)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- (replace milk with yogurt if needed to fight acne)
- Few Drops of Honey
1-2-3 TUMERIC FACIAL MASK APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Apply a thin layer to your face and let it dry for 20 minutes
- Rinse off scrubbing gently to remove
- Apply moisturizer
Tumeric is a great herb that has many benefits to good health and long-lasting beauty. Pick some up today at your local health food or vitamin store and start adding the benefits of tumeric to your beauty regimen!
Are your HANDS giving away your AGE?! 3 Problems + Solutions!
11 Apr 2017
EAT THIS to Get Rid of Cellulite
28 Jan 2016
Are LIQUID FACELIFTS for Real?
28 Jan 2016